Basic Income Waterloo Region – Social Media Guidelines
Basic Income Waterloo Region is part of a Canada-wide grassroots movement to make basic income the next great innovation in social policy. We use social media as one way to inform and educate readers.
- Our social media accounts are intended to raise awareness about research, pilot projects, resources and notification of events.
- Posts are designed for the public as well as policy makers.
- Because we are a group of volunteers, we cannot commit to responding to everyone.
Our Social Media Values
- On topic: We encourage focused, thoughtful comments which respond or relate to basic income. Comments which are not related to this topic may be removed.
- Factual: We will make every effort to ensure that our posts are truthful and that sources have been checked.
- Respectful: We respect the law and the spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
This means that any comment or post will be deleted if it is:
Repeat offenders will be warned and if necessary, banned from our accounts.
Negative comments that are respectful, but offer a different point of view will not be removed.
Privacy and Permissions: Last names, phone numbers, addresses, and photos or images will not be published without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites: We may display links to other websites because they may be of interest to the public. Providing a link to them doesn’t mean that we endorse or recommend them.